Friday, May 16, 2008

Anaheim Vs. Dodgers Craziness

So, tonight I had the chance to head out to an Angels Vs. Dodgers baseball game while I'm here in LA. I went with 3 other UPSers here at the training. Anyways, I went expecting more of what sporting events are like in Seattle, pretty enthusiastic, but mostly all civil.

Boy was I wrong! First of all, it was inter-league play, so the 2 LA teams don't play that often. Apparently in LA you're either a Dodgers fan or an Angels fan, but no way are you both. You pick your team and stick with it. It was so crazy ... I think we got the rowdiest section too. You had different groups of hispanic folks that chose their team and boy did they let you know it if you weren't rooting for their team. In our section alone we had 4 people kicked out & we knew the security well by the time we left.

Even an Oakland fan was dumb enough to egg 'em on ... what the Heck was he thinking? Sadly, our group of 4 was between the Oakland fan & the Dodgers fan .. yeah, not the best place to be. I was just glad none of us had anything that identified which team we rooted for, even though we really didn't care who won. In fact, it probably would've been just as bad had we been wearing Mariners gear.

It was a fun experience all & all and now I know the next time I go to an Angels game, I'll make sure I buy my tickets early so as not to sit in the rowdy section! Angels Stadium is a great baseball stadium & the entrance is phenomenal. I'll post up a couple of pics when I get them from the guy who brought the camera.

No comments: