Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Continuing Saga of Basketball

So this past weekend was BJ's first game with the Bothell Select basketball team. I'm left with mixed feelings about the team and about our and his decision for him to take a break from Emerald City Basketball Academy. He played well when he was in, but didn't get much playing time.

It was my big concern going into the season & I'm hoping the rest of the season is better, but only time will tell. I'm not all about thinking my kid is the best on the court, but how he can get much more playing time on an AAU team with Emerald City (which plays much tougher competition) begs the question, why isn't he playing more here? He's definitely in the top 7 kids, but maybe I'm a little biased.

We'll see what happens. I know he's working hard & I just don't want him to lose his confidence! GO BJ!

Bothell Select Basketball team

2 comments:

Elsa and Chris said...

Oh the politics in kids sports, school & friendships...can't it all just go away?

Robin said...

Yes, my dear I wish. That's one of the reasons we coach, fear that our kid will get a worse coach than us! It's something we struggle with, but I'm working on it!