Thursday, October 18, 2007

Final XCountry meet

The regular XCountry season has come to an end. It ended on a pretty wet, cold and overall nasty day. This year we have definitely not had a nice fall, it went straight from Summer to late fall / early winter. I think the only thing we have yet to see that will confirm we're in winter is the frost. I'm sure that's right around the corner.

Anyway, back to XCountry. For his last meet, Kokanee (B's School) got to host. There were 6 different elementary schools involved and in the 4th grade boys alone, probably close to 60 boys. Lots & Lots of kids! B did great and ended up coming in 13th place. We are so proud of him and his determination to keep going. I honestly don't think you could pay me enough to get out there & run cross country. Go BJ! Now there is one more run, the annual Pumpkin Run with all of the kids in the Northshore School District. I think B's planning to do that and then we're done with running for the season.

Here are some more pics of the day ...

B & his friend Marshall just before the race began

B, Marshall & Caleb (soccer buddies) at the beginning

Coming around the corner, almost finished

At the finish line .. 13th place, well done B

6 out of 10 boys from the soccer team did Cross Country ... Go Sharks!

3 comments:

Phillipa Sara said...

You have a serious little athlete on your hands. Congrats BJ!

Robin said...

I know, I can't believe how much he likes cross country. We'll see how much he likes it when he gets to Jr. High & High school when he's running 3 - 5 miles everyday!

Elsa and Chris said...

I'm with you Robin. It just looks painful. Though I love to do an occasional jog...no racing for me. Good job BJ.