Sunday, September 16, 2007

Disappointment for the Dawgs

I do love the fall, college football, youth soccer is in full swing and BJ's team is keeping both Bryan & I very busy. So, while I love the fall, it keeps us very busy and I don't blog as much. Bear with me I'll do as much as I can!

It was band day at the Husky Game ... far too many instruments at one time!

My friend Deanna & I at the game

Anyways, I had the chance to go to the Husky - Ohio State game yesterday and as a Husky fan on the heels of two wins I had great hopes for the game. The Huskies held it together through the first half and went in at half time up 7 - 3. We had a glimmer of hope and the excitement of the 2nd half coming up. Then, the train wreck happened! In the third quarter the Huskies gave up a 68 yard touchdown toss to go down 10 - 7. Still not bad though right? Then the fumbled the kickoff and just like that it was Ohio State 17 - 7. Seriously, I couldn't believe it!

Ohio State went to work and exposed our cornerbacks & Jake Locker for exactly what they are ... FRESHMEN! The offense was three & out for most of the 2nd half and only when it didn't matter anymore were they able to put together a drive for a touchdown. It was terribly disappointed, but it just proved that the Huskies aren't that good yet. They're getting there but they've still got a ways to go. Locker WILL be an incredible quarterback, but he's gotta grow & develop and asking a Freshman quarterback to beat the #10 team in the nation proved far too difficult a task.

After the Buckeyes went up 27 - 7, this just explains the whole thing!

Keep posted to the blog, I'll be going to 3 more Husky games & hopefully those will have much better outcomes!

2 comments:

Phillipa Sara said...

It was a sad day for all you Dawg fans.

Robin said...

I know .... still trying to pick up the shattered pieces of my purple heart & go on