Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Egg Hunting Tradition Continues


Ah, it's that time of year, when we look through the papers and arrange our Saturday before Easter all around the egg hunts of the day! As you may have read in the blog from last year, we are serious about these egg hunts! Our boys have been doing them for nearly a decade, and to be honest, it's getting harder to upstage them year after year.

This year, we were planning on 4 egg hunts as the minimum. Of course, we raised the bar and got 5 egg hunts in during the day. We started off at 9:00 in the Morning at Harvey Airfield in Snohomish. We then headed back to Bothell for the 11:00 am hunt at Life Care Center, which is by far the best egg hunt so far, who would've thought that. Then we hit another one in Bothell at 12:00 and then dashed out to Richmond Park for a hunt at 1:00 and then wrapped the day up with 50,000 eggs at the eggstravaganza in Shoreline. It was soooo awesome. Beth and I were proud of our new record and I'm telling you, I have no idea how we're going to get better than that next year.

It was all in good fun and Beth's boys cleaned up at the hunts. At one hunt they got 5 golden eggs! Colton gave his golden egg to Brennen & Brandon gave 2 of his 4 golden eggs away, one to his brother and one to B. Bryan and I were very impressed with Brandon's generosity and B's lucky to have such a great friend.

Ah, here's the day in pictures ...

Brennen & the Easter Bunny

The Boys at the start of one of the hunts, the cheesy grin? Oh, that's Beth!

Showing off their golden eggs!

The Boys & the bunny

Brennen with some of his take!

Even Squatch stopped by to help out with one of the egg hunts

Brandon (10), B (10), Colton (6) & Brennen (2)

Awwwww ...

2 comments:

Elsa and Chris said...

What happened to trying to find the eggs, these eggs are just laying their by the millions for kids to run to and start plucking...I don't know. Hmmm, actually looks great. My kids would love these hunts! Robin, sorry I haven't called, spring break is now over and the kids are back in school, I just have to get myself back ...on this planet. What's wrong with me, my mind is fried. I'm exhausted, guess I'm ready for that girls time.

Robin said...

Elsa, all in good time my luv, all in good time! I'm so ready for our weekend out, you know, it's been nearly 4 years since the first ... 4 years too long!