Thursday, January 10, 2008

Changing jobs for the new year ...

2008 has gotten off to quite the start here in the O'Donnell household. At the end of December I was offered a full time position at DHL and I accepted the position. Once I had put in my letter of resignation to UPS my manager tried to persuade me to stay. It turns out they did a good job persuading me to stay because just Wednesday I accepted an offer. UPS came in at the 11th hour with a great offer for a full time job, I'm now an Industrial Engineer for UPS. They came to me when I only had 2 more days with the company.

I had to then call DHL and let them know the situation and that I wouldn't be starting with them on Monday. It was a tough decision to stay with UPS, but I definitely believe it is a decision that will payoff in the end.

Now it's time to shift schedules a little bit again. I'll be working from 4:30 ish - 1:00 am ish. A little better than what I'm doing now, but more importantly it will allow our family to start getting ahead a little bit and start planning for the future. One of the pre-requisites to taking the job is that I can still coach soccer in the fall and they have said that it shouldn't be a problem, which was very important to me!

So now the question is ... "What can brown do for you?" Pretty cheesy eh?

1 comment:

Phillipa Sara said...

Good for you, congratulations!