Saturday, July 21, 2007

Basketball Camp

I've mentioned many times how much BJ loves basketball, and this past week was no different. He had a chance to attend a basketball camp with a couple of his friends and I believe he really had a great time.

His whole heart is definitely with basketball, which sometimes makes me a little sad more of it isn't with soccer. But whatever makes him happy!

One of his coaches for the week was Aaron Brooks' (former UofO basketball star and Houston Rockets Rookie. BJ, Sam & Logan were all very excited for him to be thier coach!

The camp ended in a tournament day when the teams played each other in front of the rest of the camp, I was happy that Brennen and I were able to make it to see BJ play.


BJ making his way to the hoop

2 points for BJ's team!

BJ's team won the championship 12 - 10 and he scored 4 points and only played in half the game! At the end of camp they announced the kids who received the hustle (always working hard, never giving up) award and BJ was one of 4 in his age group who received the award. I can't help but be proud of my little baller! Seriously, it was probably one of the proudest moments I've had with him in sports, for him to be recognized in from of everyone for his hustle just affirms his love of the game! WELL DONE B MAN!


No comments: